Rhode Island Bankruptcy, Family Law and Consumer Law
It shouldn't have to cost an arm and a leg to declare bankruptcy, or to get justice in a court of law if you've been the victim of an unscrupulous auto dealer. You shouldn't have to start your new life after divorce with an empty bank account.
If you're looking for affordable legal help, call The Family and Consumer Law Center at 401-728-6060. Our highly experienced attorneys represent clients throughout Rhode Island and southern Massachusetts in cases involving:
- Bankruptcy: Rhode Island is a debtor-friendly state with liberal exemptions that allow you to keep much of your personal property in bankruptcy. Massachusett's bankruptcy laws, though not quite as generous, will still make a tremendous difference in helping you get back on your financial feet. We can help you with Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 personal and small business bankruptcy.
- Stop Foreclosure : Filing bankruptcy will temporarily halt a foreclosure proceeding but we may be able to do even more. Learn how Chapter 13 can identify lender errors and turn things to your favor.
- Family Law: You can spend a lot of money fighting things out in divorce court; if that's the direction you want to go. Divorce attorney Christopher Lefebvre knows his way around the courtroom. Our firm would like to save you time and money by giving a realistic picture of the child custody agreement, and property settlement agreement the court is most likely to order. If you want to get divorced quickly and inexpensively, it can be done.
- Estate Planning : Our estate planning lawyer can help you with all the documents you need for medical decision making and disposal of an estate, all for an affordable price (see our estate planning page for costs). We also help clients through probate.
- Consumer Protection: Debt collectors would have you believe they have all the power but that's not true. Debtors have rights and if you have been the victim of mortgage fraud, auto dealer fraud, a lemon vehicle or abusive debt collection practices, the law is on your side. We've handled many notable Rhode Island consumer law cases. When you hire us you have experience on your side.
Contact our office or call 401-728-6060 to schedule a free initial consultation.